Sunday, January 11, 2009

We are back!!

So the last 4 days my husband and I went to a cabin with some friends. We do it once a year and is a great opportunity to spend some time away from the kids.

Well...I got a phone call on Thursday (the day we left) and it was carlitos very upset. He was calling from school. I asked him what was the problem. he insisted he wanted to go home!!. Then he told me that he was upset because his one on one assistant told him "He was the worst kid she has ever helped!". I.....took a moment....and then told him to stay in the school office for a moment and wait for my phone call. Immediately I had to find out if this was true!.

To make the story short I called the teacher and some other people and it was confirmed. She did say that. Poor choice of words and unfortunately very damaging for her relationship with him at school. She apologized to him and seems like he accepted the apology. At all this I'm many miles away following all this up by cellphone. Amen for technology!.

I understand that him and his sister fought a lot while we were gone. I got a few drama calls while we were out. Nothing too bad but still not good either.

So we finally came home tonight. We gave them presents, and later had a "family meeting" to go over everything that happened while we were gone. Discussed all of it and clarify anything confusing and after that it was all done. Carlitos was so excited to have us back!!.

I had to finish homework with him and it was very hard. He was pushy and in a bad mood seems like (I'm sure the excitement!). Tomorrow is a new day and I have an IEP set up for this week. we will discuss the situation with his one on one.

1 comment:

Carolina Vásquez Araya said...

Paciencia... esa es la fórmula mágica. No sabía que tu viaje había sido tan telefoneado... Lástima, pero ni modo... De todos modos creo que lo disfrutaron.