Monday, November 10, 2008

First dat at school after starting his meds

Just imagine how curious and anxious I was this morning wondering how he was going to do today at school. This last weekend everything was fine but that is not hard since he has a lot of freedom here to do whatever he wants to do with his toys and time, it is a relaxing time. So this morning he had to be at school by 7:10am for a Basketball training club. As soon as we reminded him about it he got dressed right away and followed directions without a problem. I left to work and did not hear from school.

I picked him up and checked the journal I have with the teacher to see what happened today at school. He did great, actually the teacher mentioned that he had a mellow day and completed 4 assignments. That is actually good news but I can't give credit to the medicine because this week we also started a new reward system.

I have been trying to get a hold to his Dr to negotiate the possibility of keeping him on a low dose 2.5mg but so far no luck. By tomorrow night he suppose to go up to a a full pill. We'll see how that goes by tomorrow.

This afternoon he did have an episode. He got very angry because I mentioned I was not going to let the kids be in my office anymore. He ran screaming and shut my room door and locked himself, I went to the door and told him I was thinking about it and not that I was going to do it right away. Immediately his voice changed and came out of the room. His fit lasted maybe 2 minutes, usually he would stay mad much longer!!!..mmmmm.

We went shopping and he did great, came back, played with his sisters and went to bed late. Went to his bed with some negotiation but good. We'll see if I can figure out the meds tomorrow.

No comments: