Sunday, November 9, 2008

Questioning dose...

Today Carlitos had a pretty uneventful day. Got up super early to play computer for a little bit and then have breakfast. We had to get ready for Church by 9:15. I told him we had to go pick up his older sister at some friends house before going to church. He was distracted getting dressed but not too bad, he took redirection pretty well. Finally we left and he looked pretty good so far.

Church started and he normally has a hard time sitting without making noises or moving a lot, we give him wiggle room to move around, but today he was very mellow (I don't think the meds suppose to be kicking yet). Then he got up and went to another room, and this was his usual deal, to go play somewhere else. later he went to his class and did very well. After coming home we had a birthday party at hour house with a lot of people, he did well and entertain himself just fine. As far as I can tell he did not fight with his sisters at all today. But again...he does have good days, more than bad days.

Tomorrow he goes back to school and then we'll know for sure if there are any changes yet, the pressure at school is very hard for him and we see a lot of meltdowns there. I'll be checking on him closely.

Now...I had a tough today about the medicine. The dose says that the first 4 days he gets a half of pill, then after that is a full one. I was wondering if we can keep him on a half pill dose a couple of weeks and see if that would be enough to help him with his mood swings. My thinking is why up the dose without knowing if a lower dose actually works. I don't like the side effects it may cause and if he gets off the meds later then it would be easier this way. I am calling the Dr tomorrow and negotiate....wish me luck!!

He is peacefully sleeping right now and I'm very tired after a very busy day.

No comments: