Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Getting back on track

Again, great morning, no issues. Went to school as planned.
The issues at this point are more with what he does in school and after school. Again, today he did not do work,his behavior was good but no work. As he says...good news and bad news, I did not move my clip (discipline system) but I did not do any work. I have to say that one is as important than the other. At some point I though that just having good behavior would be great and enough!!..mmm..no. He has top learn. There is no way around it.

After school I battle homework with him and negotiated at different times. I had OK results after a lot of prompting and work. I have a pre IEP meeting tomorrow afternoon. We need to get together to authorize a new set of evaluations. Then, next week is the "big one", the formal IEP meeting. be sure I'll be writing about that.

Today he had a couple of fits. nothing major. When he gets frustrated he still gets angry but I can tell he can make choices at that time.

I hope we can figure out a way to take the negative feeling about writing. he even looks at a paper and you can tell his stress level goes up right away. Not even a chance to talk about it.

Other than all that he had a good time and one of the daycare boys helped him with some math homework. Cool!

No comments: