Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Incident 1

This morning he did his routine like usual. Took some time waking up and then he started getting ready. Again the radio helped a lot. At school he was on task and doing everything without a problem.
Back from school he did his usual and was able to do homework. Today is our busy day because he has karate and church after that. When the time came for us to leave, went to the car and all got in. he started messing with his older sister and looked like he was hitting her, so I reached and smack his leg to get his attention and stop. He immediately got angry and opened the door and jumped out of the car. Tried to open the front door but it was locked so he kicked it hard. I told him to stop and breathe. he walked away (looking very angry and inflexible) and tried to climb the wall to get into the backyard. At this point he looses it if I keep chasing and insisting. We were in a tight time frame so I convinced him to get in the car and we left.
Took him a while to get rid of the attitude. As soon as we got to Karate I had a talk with him and clear whatever he had leftover.

This is the way he was behaving before everyday. I was a little surprised but I have to say, over 2 weeks of perfection are hardly an issue. He still seems to be better connected and controlling himself good. This happened at the end of the afternoon 5:30pm. He was already tired.

Thanksgiving is almost here and you can feel it in the air, sometimes I think he reacts to this kind of atmosphere. We'll see.....

No comments: