Sunday, January 4, 2009

Difficult

A very difficult day. Carlitos was very busy and unsettled all day. Fighting a lot with his sisters and seeking all the attention he could get. He is clearly done being home for 2 weeks!!

He had a chance to go to a friends house to play, he needed it to release some energy on someone else other than the sisters.

Tonight he had a very hard time going to bed. Insisting on sleeping in the sofa because he was mad. We told him it was not a good idea since it was a school night and we had things to do around the house to get ready for tomorrow (daycare kids) he got defiant and rude. We gave him plenty of chances to go to his room but he kept on pushing the issue. Finally after a long while I negotiated taking away his Legos for not listening to us and gave him one more chance. He ignored it. So...I took the Legos out of the room.

He was furious!! but not going crazy or anything like that. I waited for a while and told him again to go to his room. With some back and forth conversation he went to bed. Is not that just wanted him to "obey" for no reason. It is important the he gets a good night sleep before his first day back at school. But even that is negotiable. What made the deal was the rebelliousness and defiance I could not let him get away with it. lately he feels like he can do whatever he wants and I have to make boundaries clear. For that I put my foot down sometimes on things that seem not a big deal. I hope he gets up happy tomorrow or will be a long day.

However, I'm very excited about getting back to normal schedule!! can't wait.

No comments: